Windows 7 is truly an advanced operating system as it offers so many features and utilities that never existed in the previous versions. Disk partitioning is one among those features that allows users to resize, create, or delete hard drive partitions. The below mentioned guide will help you do the desired task on your own. This essentially means that you don’t need to call up Microsoft tech support for help.
Steps to Partition Hard Drive in Windows 7 Computer
• Click on the Start and then right click on Computer and then select Manage.
• Go to option Storage, click on it and then click on Disk Management.
• This will show you all the drives listed currently in your computer. Point your mouse to the drive that you want to partition, right click on it and choose Shrink Volume.
• Type the desired amount that needs to be shrunk in the box next to Enter the amount of space to shrink in MB.
• Click on the Shrink button. When completed, you will be shown Unallocated space in a dialog box. This is the size of shrunk volume. Right click on Unallocated space and then select New Simple Volume from the dropdown menu.
• A New Simple Volume Wizard window will open. If you don’t want to format the newly create volume, you can choose the first option saying Do not format this volume. If you want to format, click on Format this volume with the following settings. Choose NTFS from the File System dropdown menu. Type a drive letter in the box next to Volume Label. Leave the Allocation unit size to Default. Click on the Next button and then the Finish button to close the window.