Microsoft latest operating system Windows 7 comes with the built-in ability of being able to create a system Repair Disk that can be used to recover from major issues.
The same recovery features can be found on the Microsoft Windows 7 installation disc, but if you don't have an installation disc, or your was lost or damaged, you'll need this recovery disc to access the Windows 7 recovery features in case your system becomes seriously corrupt or unbootable.
Process of creating a System Repair Disc
- Click on Start button
- Then click on Control Panel
- After that select System and Security then click on Backup and Restore.
- Then click Create a System Repair Disc
- If you have multiple optical drives installed in your system, select your preferred CD or DVD burner from the drop down and click Create disc.
- A progress bar will be displayed on the screen. Creating the disc should only take a few minutes. When the process is done, click OK.
- You've just created a Windows 7 System Recovery Disc to use in case of a major computer emergency.