Microsoft has made many changes in Windows 7 Operating System. Startup program settings are similar to those of previous operating systems. Startup folder is the folder which contains the links to programs which are started when Windows is booted. This blog explains how to add a program to the Windows 7 startup to start the program automatically when Windows starts.
• Click the Windows “Start” button and select “All Programs.”
• Right-click the “Startup” folder and select “Open All Users.” This option opens the start up folder for all users on the computer.
• Choose “Explore” to open the folder for the currently logged-in user only.
• Go to the file or folder you want to add to start up and right-click and select the option “Copy Shortcut” from the menu. Alternatively you can also create a shortcut on desktop.
• Now paste this shortcut in the startup folder which you opened in first step.