Microsoft Outlook is used by thousands of internet user for email. Making backup files of any important data is always a great idea. This helps you in case of data loss or migrating from one system to other. In Microsoft Outlook 2007 your e-mails are saved in a Personal Folder File with a .pst extension which does not include in your normal backup operation. If you are using Outlook for your email you should backup your email every 6-8 weeks.
Steps to backup Outlook 2007 e-mail
• Open Microsoft Outlook 2007 and locate the toolbar staring with File on the upper left hand side.
• Click on File and scroll down to Import and Export. The Import and Export wizard will now appear.
• Highlight Export to a file and hit next. Select Personal Folder File (.pst) and then hit next.
• The Personal Folder should be highlighted and if not select Personal Folder. Double click on Personal Folder to collapse everything. Make sure you also put a check mark in Include Subfolders and hit next.
• In the Save Exported file as: you can leave the default name or rename it anything you want.
• Select Browse and change the default file location. I recommend changing it to your My Documents or Desktop so you can find it easily. After you have selected your file location select Finish.
• I recommend hitting ok on the next step. You however can add a password to your file if you want.