AVG is a antivirus software developed by AVG Technologies. This software has compelling features to keep your computer protected from virus, trojans, worms and spyware. AVG antivirus software is design to always be open while your computer is on, but during some situation AVG antivirus needs to be disabled temporarily. Certain software programs may crash if they are used while AVG antivirus is still running. You can disable the AVG software by changing some of the settings in the menu. In this blog I have tried to explain how to disable AVG antivirus temporarily.
Steps to disable AVG Anti-Virus
• Right-click the AVG icon and then select "Open AVG Interface"
• Click on "Overview" tab and then double-click "Resident Shield" .
• Remove the check mark from the "Resident Shield Active." Click "Save Changes." Click "Continue" if your operating system prompts you for permission to continue the action.
• Close the window. Right-click the AVG icon in the system tray and select "Exit."
• Press the "Ctrl," "Alt" and "Delete" keys at the same time. Click "Open Task Manager" and then navigate to "Processes."
• Check to see if there is a process entry labeled "avgtray." Click the entry if it is present, and then click "End Process."