The Windows Registry is a database that contains information and settings for all the hardware, software, users, and preferences of the PC that happens on the computer. After a lot of activity the computer will get bogged down within this database, as it gets bigger and bigger the computer will get slow and slower because it takes so long to search the registry for the information you are seeking. So cleaning out the registry will slightly increases the speed of your computer. There are different ways to clean the windows registry but the easiest way to clean up the Windows registry is by using the Windows System Restore feature. This feature removes changes to the registry from software or viruses that slow down the computer
Steps to clean Windows 7 Registry
• Click the "Start" and type "system restore" to open a list of Control Panel utilities.
• To start the wizard double-clicks on "System Restore".
• Click the option "Choose a different restore point" at the bottom of the first window. This option lets you manually select a date to roll back the registry changes.
• Choose a previous date to roll back the registry changes. Choose a date at which your computer ran more efficiently. Click "Next."
• Click "Finish" on the final screen. The registry restores to a previous date and any malware or affected registry entries are cleaned.